Saturday, June 9, 2007

The hardest card to make...

This by far has been the hardest card to make. Not in terms of technique or layout. This card is for my best friend who lost his beloved dog. He was 14, old in dog years.

He was a stray puppy, lying with his 4 sibling pups and mom, all of whom were dead, only this one was fighting for life. My fren adopted him, and as the puppy grew, it adopted my friend's rebellious attitude. There was nothing in this world that could make the dog do what he did not want to do. And of course, the companion thru the darkest hours, that's what makes a dog man's best friend.

I've never owned a dog, but the stories i've heard about this dog, really made me want to adopt one. but an apartment is no place for a dog. when i heard that he was hit by a bike and paralysed waist down, i prayed that he should not suffer. Yet he pulled thru for over 4 days but could not eat anything, and on 4th day he passed away.

Everytime i sat down to make this card, i would choke up, not sure what to write or what to say that could console someone. Its like having lost your very best friend.

The image was taken from the net, and just drawn on a paper and then on acetate sheet, it looks bold.
The card says "mummy" coz i wanted to tell him, that the dog is finally at rest with his mom in heaven.

2 comments:

  1. Awww. . that is so sweet of you to do that for your friend. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats. . .and I love all four of them. Dory, my cat, is my "buddy". . .I would be very sad too if I were to lose any of our pets. My condolences to your friend. . .the death of her pet is like losing a friend. You are a kind friend to give her such a lovely and touching card.

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. very touchy Tejal.... really loved it..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to appreciate my work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...