Thursday, August 28, 2008

Awards and a journal

ETA- Angelo of Kreativ Kristin also gave me this award on her blog..Thanks a million...She's from Croatia



I had been nominated for this award a long time back..Sorry JoAnna for posting it so late..but Thanks a million nevertheless.

That was so so sweet of her.. here are the rules ( never mind the fact that I'm never a sticker for rules)

The rules are:
1. Use the twinks bank icon;
2. Only 5 people allowed to be nominated;
3. 4 of the 5 have to dedicated followers of your blog;
4. 1 is to be someone new or recently new to your blog and live in another part of the world;
5. You must link back to whomever gave you the award.

Most of my blogging friends live in another part of the world..so there goes one rule out of the book mrgreen

Here are some of the people I would love to pass this on to..
1. Smriti at Ribbons, etc.
2. Jana at 2Worlds (Thank you for always leaving encouraging comments)
3. Sari at Sari's Cards (Thanks for sending love all the way from Sweden)
4. Hulda at Aunt Scrappy
5. Anna at Inspired by Nature ( Thank you for the encouragements and compliments)

And here goes the 2 rule out of the book..I couldn't stop at 5 nominations..
6. Shivani at Shivani's Little Creations (My only card making pal in India lol )

There you go..Thanks JoAnna.



Now for my newest creation. I brought this journal to keep a track of all things related to the wedding. The florist, the caterer and etc...and what do I do.......sit till 2 am and decorate it.

And when H stopped by for a day, he labels it "my dirty scrapbook" He still can't get it, why I had the need to decorate a perfectly new book! How do I convince this man from the stone age that I like doing this stuff and it looks prettier than the blank black cover it had????




Jan Scholl at The Paper Tango had sent me some Autum Leaves clear stamps as a part of her blog candy..And they've been used here. I love the heart stamp..Its so lovely. Thanks Jan.

ETA: I finally found the little birdie I'd been eyeing on everyone's blog. I found it in a digital format..and so I printed it out..and glued it to my book..I wanted a branch or a twig in the little birdie's beak, I didn't have any, so used a digital brush.. ( mind you the brush is only on the photo, its not there IRL). It has totally become a hybrid project lol- paper, digital birdie, and photoshop brush!!! Here's how the project looks now..

Ps.. Can someone help me how to remove the glare from the glossy photo using PS? I tried everything but as you can see it didn't work!!


Supplies Paper- Floral pack (DCWV), pink CS,
Stamps-autum leaves, Watercolor crayons, Brilliance dew drop graphite ink.
The digichickie is from Annie at Raspberry Road Designs..Thank you girl..you made my day

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for my award Tejal!

    You know I always look at notebooks that have pretty covers on them and think how can I cover that up with my junk.

    I love your inchies and the birdie. Very nice. He will get the hang of it after hanging around you for a while :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tejal, that's so nice of you!

    Your journal is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to appreciate my work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...