Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Notecards and Tags

This is long overdue post...I had to wait till all my swap partners received their swaps so that I could post my creations. It was a fun time to make all those itty bitty cards and tags...
I divided my 3 sets of note cards into 3 categories (yeah! that's the crazy me)..stamping, cuttlebugged cards and only DP cards. here they are...

The cards with only cuttlebug elements...


The frame was cut with Lacey square dies, the white mat with Label one dies and embossed with swiss dots, and the butterfly cut and embossed with the Tag team butterfly die cut...some gems for sparkle!

The heart is cut from red corrugagted paper, the wings traced and cut from Maya road chipboard and some glitter for simple bling. 

 The flowers and leaves are cut from Daisy head dies and sponged with light coating of Vintage photo distress inks to let the embossing shine.

On to the STAMPING only cards..

 I cut clouds with PTI cloud dies and used them as masks and sponged broken china and tumbled glass to create a sky. Stamped the birds and branch from Hero arts set and paper pieced the birds. Sentiment is masked from another Hero arts set.

 Simple distressing and blending with broken china and shabby shutters and stamped on the garden bouquet silhouette stamp with memento black.

Stamped butterfly from Antique engravings and colored with Pearlescent watercolors.

The cards using only pattern papers... no stamping...


These use the Echo park Little girl line and walk in the park...don't remember which is which though...


 Tags :

 I loved creating my tags...
Loved the whole process of distressing, blending, and then inking with the background stamps...
The butterflies are colored straight with the blending foam and distress inks..and used the Quicke glue pen to add just dashes of glitter....
 All tied and ready to go.....I know this was a photo heavy post...but thanks for sticking till the end....

I hope those who got my swaps liked them. And if you'd like to see the swaps that I received, I've already posted them here...

That's it for today...see you soon with some super fun cards...

18 comments:

  1. SUPER DUPER awesome.. I also have one of the tags.... Yayyyyy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved the note cards and the tag... thanks for taking so much trouble...

    ReplyDelete
  3. all the note cards and the tags are just beautiful,and i have 2 ques for u though, first how did u mask the "thinking of u" sentiment in the notecard and how did u color the butterfly with the foam directly,u see i am just amazed to see all these fab tags and cards and do want to know a little more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of them are so different! you did an amazing job Tejuu! I LOVE THE TAGS!!!! super super awesome!
    1. I see you got the butterfly diecut! Dont you love it? it's a bit big but it looks great. I want the other dies that you have, can you link me up to the shop?

    2. SUPAH awesome idea with the wings and heart! Where on earth did you get a red corrugated paper! Great find!

    3. It's a good think you distressed the flower lightly, the embossing now is visible and looks stunning.

    4. MY FAVOURITE! so cute! Do this in a separate post and link it up to the Gingerloft make a sky challenge. LOVE the distressing!!!

    5. I remember this!!! i loved it through the window and love it without the window :D Super awesome. I love the silhouette look.

    6.these butterflies are gorgeous! the colouring looks great too, but it would have really popped if you made it a bit more darker where the wings are attached. But i still like it!

    7.Excellent papers. everytime i see these papers from Ujjwal I get sad LOL if only they werent double priced!

    8. CUTE! Super colour combo.

    9.AWESOME!!! i have never done a kite card! this is also put together perfectly.

    10 (all three tags). LOVE LOVE LOVE the tags!

    prolly the longest comment ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards and tags....awesome stuff....everything is just perfect.Love the clouds effect.It is awesome . Broken china and tumbled glass is on my wishlist now.i am sure the recipients must have enjoyed opening and admiring the package

    ReplyDelete
  6. my favorite part of this post is at the bottom. I just love love love those tags, so bright and beautiful. I love that magical background, on my wishlist now and the butterflies are just stunning :)

    I also divided my cards color wise and then design wise. Great minds think alike :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beauties all of them. Love the ones with butterflies. So striking.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tejal of all the note cards I have seen from the swap yours is the most awesome collection-- actually you should have given them a separate post each -- the embossed card and the butterflies are so beautiful

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely,i love the tags esp,the background is really magical.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome!! Loved each and every card and tags are super awesome. Your photography skills are good too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow awesome creations dear, creative creations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My Godddd!! They are all soooo beautifully made!! The stamped cards and the tags are my favourite!!! But let me tell you, it's still difficult to pick one among all of those!!! Beautiful, simply beautiful!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super duper fabbie tags!! :D
    LOVE the categories!.. All of them look awesome!.. But I just LOOOVE the third stamping card with the butterflies! :D
    And The tags look super wow! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I love the tags the most... where did you get the plain tags from, btw? Are they available here? What are they called?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wat a lovely post!!! i just loved everything n wish i cld grab n runaway!! specially lobed the Tags... they are just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow..each creation is jus FAB...its difficult to pick the best...loved the tags...i envy the recipients of your swap ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. gosh these are lovely, my favorites are the butterfly tags...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable array of goodness!!! Love those versatile sets.... On the whole a mind boggling post!!!

    Ash... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to appreciate my work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...